Ankle-Foot Orthotics (HCPCS L4360 and L4361) Quarterly Edit Effectiveness Results of Service Specific Post-Payment Review - JA DME
Ankle-Foot Orthotics (HCPCS L4360 and L4361) Quarterly Edit Effectiveness Results of Service Specific Post-Payment Review
The Jurisdiction A, DME MAC, Medical Review Department is conducting a post-payment service specific review of HCPCS code(s) L4360 and L4361. The quarterly edit effectiveness results from June 2021 through August 2021 are as follows.
Based on dollars, the overall claim potential improper payment rate is 41% for HCPCS L4360.
Based on dollars, the overall claim potential improper payment rate is 41% for HCPCS L4361.
Top Denial Reasons
- Documentation was not received in response to the post-payment notification letter.
- Documentation does not support coverage criteria.
- Documentation does not support custom fit criteria.
- Medical record documentation was not authenticated (handwritten or electronic) by the author.
Suppliers billing Medicare should be familiar with the documentation requirements and utilization parameters. Visit the Orthotics webpage to access coverage documents.
- National Coverage Determination (NCD)
- Local Coverage Determination (LCD)
- Policy Article
- Documentation letters, forms, and checklists
- Review tips, tools, and resources
- Related articles
- Educational events and tutorials, if applicable
See the CMS Internet Only Manual (IOM), Publication 100-08, Medicare Program Integrity Manual, Chapter 3 for more information on medical record reviews.
Last Updated Thu, 21 Oct 2021 16:27:12 +0000