Ostomy Supplies (HCPCS A4414 and A4407) Quarterly Edit Effectiveness Results of Service Specific Post-Payment Review - JA DME
Ostomy Supplies (HCPCS A4414 and A4407) Quarterly Edit Effectiveness Results of Service Specific Post-Payment Review
The Jurisdiction A, DME MAC, Medical Review Department is conducting a post-payment service specific review of HCPCS code(s) A4414 and A4407. The quarterly edit effectiveness results from April 2021 through June 2021 are as follows.
Based on dollars, the overall claim potential improper payment rate is 42% for HCPCS A4414.
Based on dollars, the overall claim potential improper payment rate is 68% for HCPCS A4407.
Top Denial Reasons
- Documentation was not received in response to the Additional Documentation Request (ADR) letter.
- No medical record documentation was received. Refer to Medicare Program Integrity Manual 18.104.22.168.
- Refill request was not received.
- Detailed Written Order (DWO) was not received.
Suppliers billing Medicare should be familiar with the documentation requirements and utilization parameters. Visit the Ostomy webpage to access coverage documents.
- National Coverage Determination (NCD)
- Local Coverage Determination (LCD)
- Policy Article
- Documentation letters, forms, and checklists
- Review tips, tools, and resources
- Related articles
- Educational events and tutorials, if applicable
See the CMS Internet Only Manual (IOM), Publication 100-08, Medicare Program Integrity Manual, Chapter 3 for more information on medical record reviews.
Last Updated Thu, 29 Jul 2021 15:35:38 +0000