Supplier Transition to Exclusion Program (STEP)
STEP has been initiated to provide suppliers with necessary educational resources and individualized education to independently complete self-audits in efforts to reduce error rates and increase reimbursement.
What is it?
STEP is a voluntary educational program offered to Hospital Bed and Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) suppliers in Jurisdiction A. A Medical Review Nurse will provide tailored education and resources for each supplier.
Three Phase Program
- Interested suppliers will request to participate in program.
- Noridian will complete a five claim educational review to establish a baseline and identify areas of education.
- A Medical Review Nurse will review the documentation submitted and work individually with the supplier
- Noridian and the supplier will participate in an Electronic Supplier Visit to provide individualized education based on the documentation reviewed.
- The supplier will complete a self-audit on ten claims. The Medical Review Nurse will provide the necessary educational resources and will be available to answer questions.
- The supplier will fax the documentation for the claims in which the self-audit was completed and the MRE will perform an educational review.
- A second Electronic Supplier Visit will be provided in regards to the ten claims reviewed.
- Supplier will submit a final ten claims they self-audited for the Medical Review Nurse to perform educational review.
- Educational letter sent to supplier with results of the review.
- Noridian will analyze error rate and determine if the supplier has successfully completed the program. If determined, the supplier will be excluded from Noridian JA Complex Reviews for 1 year.
How to Sign Up
Email JAMedicalReview@noridian.com and include the following information
- Contact person name and direct phone number
- Supplier PTAN
- Indicate Hospital Beds or CPAP education is being requested
Last Updated Nov 10, 2016