POE AG Meeting Minutes - January 15, 2020 - JA DME
Provider Outreach and Education Advisory Group (POEAG) Meeting Minutes - January 15, 2020
POE Advisory Group Mission and Goals
- To determine the best methods of providing quality education and training to our supplier community.
- Develop timely, useful, relevant educational opportunities for our suppliers
- Provide input in the creation, implementation and review of Provider Education and Training
- Determine innovative, cost effective methods of using technology in provider education and training CMS Internet Only Manual (IOM), Publication 100-09, Chapter 6.
Reminder: We meet on a quarterly basis to discuss educational opportunities that Noridian Education can provide to suppliers through workshops, our website, and our listserv. We aren't able to discuss claim-specific questions or issues you may be seeing with claims. Please direct those questions to our Supplier Contact Center where they can be researched and resolved.
Member attendees: Kim Brummett, Ronda Burhmester, Dawn Cetti, Melinda Eberhart, Sharee Hummer, Crissy Hill, Dawn Jorgensen, Tugba Koca, Jeannette Leon, Bridget LaScala, Rica Nebrich, Yvette Nugent, Tina Padden, Jan Palmer, Caryn Plessinger, Kimberlie Rogers-Bowers, Wendy Russalesi, Randy Stevens, Rachelle Tritinger, Kera Ireland, Maria Loehnlein
Noridian attendees: Trina St. Ours, Cindy White, Melissa Kuznia, Jessica Gaddie, Colleen Harryman, Courtney Willis
Standing agenda items
- Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI)
- Targeted Probe and Educate (TPE)
Follow up information from previous meeting
- Cross walk of claims history for when MBI changes and what number to use for correspondence
- Increased Fraud & Abuse education
- List of same and similar tips to avoid unnecessary denials
- Clarification on group 2 PRSS order requirements
- L200 for Ventilators
- Specific MSP billing for CGM
O & P
- More visible training for off the shelf codes - including fitting
- Upper extremity orthotic training
- DME on Demand for same/similar
Standard Written Order
- Q & A Document would be very helpful
- Suggested to high-light differences between SWO and DWO
- Chrissy - with signature date of physician removed, how will MR know that the SWO was received prior to billing? How to avoid errors?
- Ronda - F2F must include both subjective and objective assessment? Can there be elaboration?
- New modifier tool
- New Noridian survey
- L200 PAP DME on Demands - 4 scenarios
- Collaborative Surgical Dressings and Supplies recording - Clinician's Corner
Glucose supplies - indicate beneficiary owned monitor info on claim starting 3/1/20
- Article released October 30
O & P
- Collaborative Spinal Orthoses recording - Clinician's Corner
Suggestions from POE Advisory Members
It would be helpful if there were education for practitioners
Noridian noted we are working on those collaborative efforts.
The goal is to remove some of the administrative burden.
- Still confusion on short term oxygen need. The issues remain on-going. It seems that there are differences in the review nurses. The industry has conversations all day long about the differences. Physicians still have in their head that if the desaturation is 88% the beneficiary can receive home oxygen. Emphasis needed that there are additional requirements.
- Related to tutorials on the website, quizzes are really great. For CGM, could there be more detail, specifically related to the KF modifier. Can Noridian review for current information and update these tutorials?
- Same and similar remains a topic that suppliers need more education and detail.
Next meeting: April 15, 2020
Last Updated Mon, 03 Feb 2020 10:26:03 +0000