The International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM), is based on the official version of the World Health Organization's Ninth Revision.
ICD-9 codes are to be used on Medicare professional (Part B and DME) claims for dates of service before October 1, 2015. When submitting a data span, the "from" date (not the "to" date) determines whether an ICD-9 or ICD-10 diagnosis code should be on the claim. For claims with "from" dates before October 1, 2015, submit an ICD-9 diagnosis code.
For further guidance on billing Part B and DME claims with a date span, see CMS Medicare Learning Network (MLN) Matters Special Edition (SE) 1408 - Medicare Fee-For-Service (FFS) Claims Processing Guidance for Implementing International Classification of Diseases, 10th Edition (ICD-10) – A Re-Issue of MM7492 .
- ICD-9 CMS Web Page
- ICD-9-CM Diagnosis and Procedure Codes: Abbreviated and Full Code Titles
- ICD-9-CM Diagnosis and Procedure Codes: New, Deleted and Revised Codes-Summary Tables
Certificates of Medical Necessity (CMNs) and DME Information Forms (DIFs)
- CMS 484 – Oxygen
- CMS 846 – Pneumatic Compression Device [PDF]
- CMS 847 – Osteogenesis Stimulators [PDF]
- CMS 848 – Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator (TENS) [PDF]
- CMS 849 – Seat Lift Mechanisms [PDF]
- CMS 854 – "Section C" Continuation Form [PDF]
- CMS 10125 – External Infusion Pumps [PDF]
- CMS 10126 – Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition [PDF]
Last Updated Nov 03, 2016