POE AG Meeting Minutes - January 24, 2019 - JD DME
Provider Outreach and Education Advisory Group (POEAG) Meeting Minutes - January 24, 2019
POE Advisory Group Mission and Goals
- To determine the best methods of providing quality education and training to our supplier community.
- Develop timely, useful, relevant educational opportunities for our suppliers
- Provide input in the creation, implementation and review of Provider Education and Training
- Determine innovative, cost effective methods of using technology in provider education and training CMS Internet Only Manual (IOM), Publication 100-09, Chapter 6.
Reminder: We meet on a quarterly basis to discuss educational opportunities that Noridian Education can provide to suppliers through workshops, our website, and our listserv. We cannot discuss claim-specific questions or issues you may be seeing with claims. Please direct those questions to our Supplier Contact Center where they can be researched and resolved.
Education comments/ideas may be directed to: DMEPOS-POEAG@noridian.com
POEAG Member attendees: Jan Palmer
Noridian attendees: Cindy White – Facilitator, Diana Duchscherer, Colleen Harryman, Athena King, Megan Schrock, Kathileen Stejlles, Jessica Gaddie, Chuck Cassada, Tracy Schutt
Standing agenda items
- Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI)
- Targeted Probe and Educate (TPE) Noridian is receiving good responses from supplier community regarding the program.
|Review Criteria||Error Rate July Meeting||Error Rate October (April 2018 – June 2018)||Error Rate January 2019 (July 2018 – September 2018)|
|Ankle Foot/Knee-Ankle-Foot Orthosis (AFO/KAFO) TPE Reviews||40%||34%||34%|
|Knee Orthosis TPE Reviews||73%||57%||61%|
|Spinal Orthoses: TLSO and LSO TPE Reviews||42%||51%||51%|
|Therapeutic Shoe TPE Reviews||25%||33%||36%|
Follow up information from previous meeting
Training Curriculum status
- Currently in review with Noridian Communications Team
- Expect publication within the next month
Business track to be offered to O&P masters programs which will provide guidance on Medicare coverage requirements.
- Noridian is holding work on this until we get the new training curriculum finalized and published. At that time, we can look at enhancements.
CMS Medicare Learning Network (CMS MLN)
- Error concerns reviewed
- Concern expressed that there are errors in the templated CMS forms. Noridian to follow up with CMS on correction.
- Remains pending
Request for a quick link to the supplier manual
- More detail required – button on the home page?
- Information to be included in O & P webinars for 2019
Schedule for the remainder of our meetings for 2019
- Outlook invitations to be sent out shortly
- Links for registration are on the website
More tools and visibility of tools
- We're always working on tools
- Will increase education on availability
Pre-review program request
Accessing website information
- It was noted last meeting that suppliers couldn't access information they were seeking. Noridian would need an example to see if we need to add to website information.
- Reduced CERT error rate
- Level 200 DME on Demands – coming soon
Suggestions, Comments and Open Discussion from POE Advisory Group Members
- There was no new member discussion as there was only one attendee and that attendee had also attended the JA O&P POEAG meeting on January 23, 2019. She did not feel that there was a need to discuss anything more.
2019 JD Scheduled POEAG Meetings
April 25, July 25, and October 31 at 3 p.m. CT
Last Updated Tue, 11 Feb 2020 16:21:08 +0000