POE AG Meeting Minutes - January 16, 2020 - JD DME
Provider Outreach and Education Advisory Group (POEAG) Meeting Minutes - January 16, 2020
POE Advisory Group Mission and Goals
- To determine the best methods of providing quality education and training to our supplier community.
- Develop timely, useful, relevant educational opportunities for our suppliers
- Provide input in the creation, implementation and review of Provider Education and Training
- Determine innovative, cost effective methods of using technology in provider education and training CMS Internet Only Manual (IOM), Publication 100-09, Chapter 6.
Reminder: We meet on a quarterly basis to discuss educational opportunities that Noridian Education can provide to suppliers through workshops, our website, and our listserv. We aren't able to discuss claim-specific questions or issues you may be seeing with claims. Please direct those questions to our Supplier Contact Center where they can be researched and resolved.
Member attendees: Dawn Jorgensen, Jan Palmer, Linda Lewis, Michelle Wullstein, Patty Donndelinger, Sharon Briggman, Wayne Bradberry, Noel Neil, Pamela Fritz, Carolyn Koster, Erica Rochelle, Jera Sitton
Noridian attendees: Cindy White, Trina St Ours, Colleen Harryman, Kate Petersen, Megan Schrock
Standing agenda items
Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI)
- Noridian hosted collaborative MBI ACT on December 20, 2019 with CGS
- Correspondence should include MBI but HICN can be used for date of service prior to January 1, 2020
Targeted Probe and Educate (TPE)
- Results posted on website under Medical Review>Medical Review Results
Follow up information from previous meeting
Cross walk of claims history for when MBI changes and what number to use for correspondence
- MBI ACT held December 20, 2020
Increased Fraud & Abuse education
- Slide will be added to educational events to increase awareness
List of same and similar tips to avoid unnecessary denials
- In process
Clarification on group 2 PRSS order requirements
- Order requirements will be those outlined in the Standard Documentation Policy Article for the Standard Written Order (SWO)
L200 for Ventilators
- In process
Specific MSP billing for CGM
- Noridian reviewed educational opportunities and determined the concern is with the primary payer and the coding they require, not Medicare. Additional education would not change the fact that the established HCPCS for CGM and supplies must be used for Medicare billing.
O & P
More visible training for off the shelf codes - including fitting
- Webinar planned for 2nd quarter of 2020
Upper extremity orthotic training
- Webinar planned for March - watch the schedule of events
DME on Demand for same/similar
- Tutorial available on DME on Demand page under coding guidelines>same or similar
Standard Written Order (SWO)
- Suppliers expressed desire to know what auditors will be looking for regarding requirements the new requirements, specifically the dispensing order.
- A general description is acceptable for SWO, however the medical record needs to reflect type of equipment provided (eg. PAP mask). Recommend suppliers specify mask type on SWO when the specificity is not established in the medical record.
- Discussed and clarified quantity
- Suppliers expressed concern over removal of physician's signature date
- One supplier is excited about the changes and was happy to see them implemented so early in 2020.
- Noridian Website Experience Survey
- Request for members to utilize and promote
- L200 PAP DME on Demands - 4 scenarios
- Collaborative Surgical Dressings and Supplies recording - Clinician's Corner
Glucose supplies - indicate beneficiary owned monitor information on claim starting 3/1/20
- Article published in October and will be republished
O & P
- Collaborative Spinal Orthoses recording - Clinician's Corner
- Now available
Suggestions from POE Advisory Members
- Suggestion to have a tool that encompasses codes that are not covered/allowed
- Provide education and guidance on whether CERT will be following the SWO guidelines?
Next meeting: April 16, 2020
Last Updated Wed, 12 Feb 2020 11:09:31 +0000