POE AG Meeting Minutes - October 10, 2019 - JD DME
Provider Outreach and Education Advisory Group (POEAG) Meeting Minutes - October 10, 2019
POE Advisory Group Mission and Goals
- To determine the best methods of providing quality education and training to our supplier community.
- Develop timely, useful, relevant educational opportunities for our suppliers
- Provide input in the creation, implementation and review of Provider Education and Training
- Determine innovative, cost effective methods of using technology in provider education and training CMS Internet Only Manual (IOM), Publication 100-09, Chapter 6.
Reminder: We meet on a quarterly basis to discuss educational opportunities that Noridian Education can provide to suppliers through workshops, our website, and our listserv. We aren't able to discuss claim-specific questions or issues you may be seeing with claims. Please direct those questions to our Supplier Contact Center where they can be researched and resolved.
Member Attendees: Amailia Lewis, Carolyn Koster, Dawn Jorgensen, Jera Sitton, Katie Workman, Kim Brummett, Linda Lewis, Noel Neil, Rosa Gomez, Sherry Givens, Sharon Briggman
Noridian Attendees: Trina St Ours, Cindy White, Kate Petersen, Kait Stelljes, Diana Cushman; Mary Reineke; Courtney Willis, Colleen Harryman; Athena King
Standing agenda items
Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI)
- Norco confirmed they are using MBI and recent examples have been resolved
- Reminder that the MBI can be reissued to a beneficiary and it will be a different MBI number. Ensure you have the current MBI number when submitting a claim.
- Targeted Probe and Educate (TPE)
Round breakdown – snapshot in time (current)
- 10% of suppliers excluded after 10 claim pilot due to no errors
- 25% of suppliers moved from Round 1 to Round 2
- 34% of suppliers moved from Round 2 to Round 3
- 19% of suppliers were referred to CMS after Round 3
Follow up information from previous meeting
Flow chart for dentists for steps in providing Oral Appliances
- Draft available for review/comment
Webinar specifically for Continuous Glucose Monitors (CGM)
Another webinar focusing on CGM was held June 27
Member suggested to update DME on Demand with recently discussed information about CGM's (converting back).
- Noridian has this in process.
- Member suggested to update DME on Demand with recently discussed information about CGM's (converting back).
- Another webinar focusing on CGM was held June 27
Affirmed/Non-affirmed rates for condition of payment prior authorization
- Waiting for enough data to provide meaningful percentages
L200 Ventilator webinar
- In process
Suggested addition of column to DME on Demand for last updated date
Determined that time commitment for this was not justified at this time. DME on Demand are updated annually and suppliers are made aware of the last update when the tutorial is selected for viewing.
If there is a need for update due to a major change, the update is made immediately rather than waiting for the scheduled review cycle.
- Determined that time commitment for this was not justified at this time. DME on Demand are updated annually and suppliers are made aware of the last update when the tutorial is selected for viewing.
Members to attend 3 of 4 meetings. Goal is for members to be actively involved.
DME and O&P meetings will be combined for 2020.
Time will be allocated for DME and O&P issues separately.
Suggestions from POE Advisory Members
- Question from member: Is Noridian allowing for curable errors in the TPE process?
Response: Yes, curable errors are allowed in the TPE process.
Next meeting: 2020 date to be announced soon
Last Updated Wed, 12 Feb 2020 10:20:19 +0000