POE AG Meeting Minutes - October 31, 2019 - JD DME
Provider Outreach and Education Advisory Group (POE AG) O&P Meeting Minutes - October 31, 2019
POE Advisory Group Mission and Goals
- To determine the best methods of providing quality education and training to our supplier community.
- Develop timely, useful, relevant educational opportunities for our suppliers
- Provide input in the creation, implementation and review of Provider Education and Training
- Determine innovative, cost effective methods of using technology in provider education and training CMS Internet Only Manual (IOM), Publication 100-09, Chapter 6
Reminder: We meet on a quarterly basis to discuss educational opportunities that Noridian Education can provide to suppliers through workshops, our website, and our listserv. We aren't able to discuss claim-specific questions or issues you may be seeing with claims. Please direct those questions to our Supplier Contact Center where they can be researched and resolved.
Member attendees: Eileen Levis, Lesleigh Sisson, Michelle Wullstein; Patty Donndelinger; Mary Stoner
Noridian attendees: Cindy White, Trina St Ours, Colleen Harryman, Kathileen Stelljes, Melissa Kuznia, Kate Peterson, Mary Reineke; Courtney Willis
Standing agenda items
Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI)
- Mass education as well as individual education has taken place for all DMEPOS suppliers
Targeted Probe and Educate (TPE)
- We were able to work with medical review for some round information.
Round breakdown - snapshot in time (current)
- 10% of suppliers excluded after 10 claim pilot due to no errors
- 25% of suppliers moved from Round 1 to Round 2
- 34% of suppliers moved from Round 2 to Round 3
- 19% of suppliers were referred to CMS after Round 3
Follow up information from previous meeting
More training on off the shelf codes - make more visible
- In process
DME on Demand for O & P same/similar
- In process
Prepare training program for O & P Suppliers on Competitive Bid
- Will be provided in 2020
- CPI - Center for Program Integrity - overview of program impact on Noridian/Suppliers
Suggested addition of column to DME on Demand for last updated date
Determined that time commitment for this was not justified at this time. DME on Demand are updated annually and suppliers are made aware of the last update when the tutorial is selected for viewing.
If there is a need for update due to a major change, the update is made immediately rather than waiting for the scheduled review cycle.
- Determined that time commitment for this was not justified at this time. DME on Demand are updated annually and suppliers are made aware of the last update when the tutorial is selected for viewing.
Concern with scenarios for AFO/KAFO L200 webinar being too basic
- Examples requested - none received to date
- New tools on Noridian Website
- Denial Rate Calculator
- Surgical Dressings Calculators
Suggestions from POE Advisory Members
New employee orientation - more inclusive than what is currently available. Members would like to have their new users directed to a single guide and not multiple tutorials.
- Indication provided that the current New Supplier Training Opportunity Checklist is too cumbersome for the suppliers needs.
- Requested addition of hyperlinks for the DME on Demands - Noridian responded that there has been research on this ability, and it cannot be accomplished at this time.
- Look at enhancing basic series or develop a new hire webinar that discusses topics prior to the basic series.
- Members suggest a list of tips when looking up same or similar to avoid unnecessary denials.
- Member suggested creation of a DME on Demand on reporting Fraud and Abuse as well as possibly a webinar to be held once a year (partner with benefit protection - how many instances get referred on etc.). It was also suggested that there be more advertising of the current DME on Demand.
- Suggestion received to more actively promote the "Alert" section on the webpage
Next meeting: 2020 date to be announced soon
Also note that DME and O & P will be combined for 2020 - time will be allotted for O & P specific issues as well as DME.
Last Updated Wed, 12 Feb 2020 10:24:52 +0000