New User Registration Guide
Five different roles are available for the Noridian Medicare Portal. Prior to registration, companies should discuss, within their facility, who is going to hold each role. Each person may register for one role only. All portal users must be located in the United States.
|Provider Administrator||This role is responsible to review and approve/deny of End User registration and data access requests and Vendor Administrators. The Provider Administrator does not have access to functionality.|| |
Five per Tax Identification Number (TIN)
25 TINs per Provider Administrator
|Provider End User||The Provider End User role uses the portal functions for the provider accounts they were authorized to access.||No Limit|
|Vendor Administrator||An administrative role only without access to portal functions or data. This role is responsible to review and approve/deny of Vendor End User registration requests.||Two per TIN/NPI/PTAN/Trading Partner ID Combination|
|Vendor End User||The Vendor End User role uses the portal for the provider accounts and functions they were authorized to access.||No Limit|
|Dual Role||This role has both Provider Administrator and End User access. This role is not available to vendors.||Companies with less than 25 full time employees|
Third party billers that do not directly send files to Noridian but that are responsible for sending claims to the entity that will be transmitting the claims, may register as Provider End Users. A member of the provider's office must be registered as the Provider Administrator.
Each person must register for their own User ID. Noridian Medicare Portal accounts cannot be shared.
- Select "Start Registration" on Noridian Medicare Portal homepage
- Read and Accept Noridian Medicare Portal Agreements
- Registration Requirements
- CPT/ADA Agreement
- Privacy Statement
- Terms and Conditions for Use
There are seven steps in the registration process. Each step is important and must be completed thoroughly.
Step 1: Personal Information
- Enter following required information
- First Name
- Last Name
- Work Phone
- Work Email - This must be a unique email address and not used by more than one person.
- Create a username (Must be between eight and 71 characters)
- Create a password. Password requirements are:
- Uppercase letter
- Lowercase letter
- Special character ($, %, #, etc.)
- Must be between eight to 50 characters long
- Must not repeat any character sequentially more than two times
- Type required text and select Next button
Step 2: Login to Account
Once personal information is submitted, a confirmation email is sent from email@example.com with the subject being "Confirm_Email_During_Registration." Click on the link in the email to confirm the account.
- Do not reply to confirmation email. It is automatically generated and address is not monitored
- Confirmation link is valid for 48 hours. If account is not activated within that time, contact Customer Service to have confirmation email resent
Upon successful login, the portal will prompt you to set up your Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) credentials. For step by step instructions, please click here.
Step 3: Security Questions
Choose a security question from the pre-selected list of questions and enter an answer. This must be completed five times. Select the Save Answers button when finished.
A screen shot or screen print of this page should be taken for your records once the questions have been answered.
If a user needs a password reset at any time, these are the questions and answers used to reset it. If the answers to the questions are forgotten, you may contact Noridian User Security to get your password reset.
Step 4: Account Confirmation
Confirmation of the account is indicated. Select the Next button to proceed to the next step.
Step 5: Organization Information
Answer following questions.
- Select User Type
- If checked, another question is added.
- Are you a small provider/supplier with less than 25 employees?
- Small providers/suppliers have option for Dual Role access (Provider Administrator and End User).
- This question must be answered Yes in order to be eligible for Dual Role access
- Your Role
- Provider Administrator
- This role is responsible to review and approve/deny End User registrations, Vendor Administrator registrations and data access requests. The Provider Administrator does not have access to functionality.
- Each Tax Identification Number (TIN) is allowed up to five Provider Administrators.
- Each Provider Administrator may have access to twenty five TINs.
- End User
- End User role uses portal functions for accounts they were authorized to access
- Vendor Administrator
- An administrative role only without access to portal functions or data. This role is responsible to review and approve/deny of Vendor End User registration requests.
- Each TIN is allowed up to two Vendor Administrators.
- Each Vendor Administrator may have access to two TINs.
- Vendor End User
- Vendor End User role uses portal for accounts and functions they were authorized to access
- Provider Administrator
- Enter required information
- Medicare Program (Part A, Part B, DME)
- Trading Partner ID (Issued by EDI/CEDI)
- A Trading Partner ID is NOT required for a DME supplier registration
- National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Provider Transaction Access Number (PTAN)
- TIN or Social Security Number (SSN)
If registering as a Provider Administrator, the following are required:
- Check Number – Enter check number of one of 50 most recently issued checks by Noridian
- Part A providers must enter check information issued within last 90 days. Part A check numbers contain "EFT" in front of the check number. Part B check numbers are a series of numbers without "EFT".
- Check Amount – Enter amount of corresponding check number
- DME suppliers must indicated what Jurisdiction the check amount and number was issued from - Jurisdiction A (JA) or Jurisdiction D (JD)
Noridian recommends contacting the IVR to obtain recent check information. A remittance advice can not always guarantee accurate check number and amount information.
Vendor Administrators and Vendor End Users must enter their Vendor Trading Partner ID and the Provider/Supplier Trading Partner ID submitted by the provider.
- DME Vendor Administrators and Vendor End Users must enter same Trading Partner ID that Provider Administrator entered in both fields
- NPIs must be registered as electronic claim submitters.
- Provider and Vendor Administrations must enter combinations manually. Provider and Vendor End Users may add combinations manually or using a CSV template
- Users who are entering more than one TIN/NPI/PTAN combination can use the "Add Blank Row" option and continue entering required information
- If information will slightly change from row to row, users can use "Copy Last Row" option to quickly add another combination, changing only information needed
- If an entry is entered incorrectly, select Delete Entry on right hand side to remove combination
- Part B providers may only enter group or billing provider combinations. Do not enter individual provider combinations
- After entering all applicable combinations, select Save and Continue button
- If errors or issues are discovered during verification of combination(s), an Invalid Entries and/or Additional Errors table will display
- Invalid Entries: Combinations unable to be verified are listed here. For example, numbers may be transposed, incorrect Medicare Program was selected, etc. Providers may edit information and resubmit request
- Additional Errors: The following displays
- NO_PA : A Provider Administrator has not been established for TIN submitted. A Provider Administrator must be on file prior to End Users or Vendor Administrators
- PA _LIMIT_EXCEEEDED: 5 Provider Administrators are on file for TIN submitted
- TIN _LIMIT_EXCEEDED: User is Provider Administrator for 25 TIN s already
- VA _LIMIT_EXCEEDED: Two Vendor Administrators are on file for TIN submitted
- COMBO_REQ_EXISTS: This combination has previously been requested and is pending Provider/Vendor Administrator approval
Step 7: Registration Request Submitted
- After correctly entering combinations, a confirmation will display and the following actions will be required in order to gain access to portal. For further assistance or follow-up:
- End Users and Vendor Administrators contact Provider Administrator
- Vendor End User contact Vendor Administrator
|User Role||Action Required|
|Provider Administrator||No action required. A successful registration message displays along with the number of combinations added to the account.|
|Provider End User||The registration is sent to the Provider Administrator(s). The End User does not have access to functionality until approved by the administrator.|
|Vendor Administrator||The registration is sent to the Provider Administrator(s). The Vendor Administrator does not have access to the portal until approved by the Provider Administrator.|
|Vendor End User||The registration is sent to the Provider Administrator(s). The End User does not have access to functionality until approved by the Vendor Administrator.|
Last Updated Oct 16, 2017