New Provider New Biller
Make the most out of your visit by completing the following tasks as you investigate the website.
Welcome New Provider! Here is your "Top To Do List"
- Create Favorites/ Bookmarks - Bookmark or make the Noridian Jurisdiction E Part B landing page, a "Favorite" website. After you "bookmark/add a favorite" webpage you can go directly to it in one click and you don't have to remember where it is. See Bookmarking a Webpage.
- View "Latest Updates" - View the latest news and informational articles from Noridian and CMS on the Latest Updates.
- Sign Up for the Noridian Email Newsletter - Receive the latest CMS and Noridian updates every Tuesday and Friday. Sign-up for the Medicare Part B Email Newsletter.
- Use the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System - To provide an efficient and more streamlined service to you as a Medicare provider, CMS and Noridian require Medicare providers to use the IVR for IVR specific information. There are also general services available 24/7. IVR details including a flowchart and detailed IVR User Guide are available within the Contact section of this website.
- Download and/or print the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) - The MPFS is available in Excel format. Medicare reimbursements for fee-for-service providers are listed on the Fee Schedules webpage. In addition to the MPFS, this page also supplies documents and/or links to other Fee Schedules and Resources.
- Register for the Noridian Medicare Portal (NMP) - Navigate to the Noridian Medicare Portal webpage and register to access online eligibility, claim status, remittance advices and appeals. There is no cost for this service. The only expense to the healthcare provider is the cost for the Internet service provided to your business. You may also have multiple people registered for the NMP with different User IDs and all may use it at the same time! Intake staff can be verifying eligibility while billing staff is reviewing the payment status of last month's claims.
- Locate Policies – Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs) - An LCD is a decision by a contractor under Medicare Part B jurisdiction respecting whether or not a particular item or service is covered within the states that the contractor administers Medicare on behalf of CMS. View Active LCDs.
- Review the Appeals Process - Beneficiaries, providers, and suppliers have the right to appeal Medicare coverage and payment decisions, once an initial claim determination is made. Prior to requesting an appeal, a provider may request changes due to clerical errors or omissions through the Reopenings process.
- View Scheduled Events and Education and Training Materials - Explore Medicare information at your own pace, on your own time. Access resources such as: Workshops, Q&As, Tutorials, Ask the Contractor Teleconferences (ACTs), and Provider Outreach and Education (POE) Advisory Group (AG) Meetings.
- Understand Claim Submission - Familiarize yourself with the various aspects of Medicare claim submission. View the Claim Submission webpage.
Last Updated Jun 13, 2017