Future Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs)
Future Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs) are available on the CMS Medicare Coverage Database website.
- California Northern - Contractor ID 01112
- California Southern - Contractor ID 01182
- Hawaii and Territories - Contractor ID 01212
- Nevada - Contractor ID 01312
If an LCD contains "Coding Guidelines," they are indicated by an asterisk (*) after the MCD Number.
- Once you access the LCD, the "Coding Guidelines" can be found under the heading, "LCD Attachments" near the end of the document.
- Note: All CPT/HCPCS codes listed are mentioned in the LCD, but are not necessarily subject to diagnosis codes or coverage criteria.
Looking for LCDs Converted to ICD-10?
A list of Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs) converted to ICD-10 is available on the LCDs by Contractor Index . Use the scroll box on the index to select your Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) and select the "Submit" button to view a list of states that the specified MAC services. You can then select your MAC name from the table to view the future translated LCDs.
- How to Access Updates to ICD-10 Local Coverage Determinations in the CMS Medicare Coverage Database (CMS Special Edition (SE)1421)
Below is a listing of the Future LCDs. All LCDs for Jurisdiction E states contain the same content/guidelines.
|Medicare Database Number||LCD Title||CPT / HCPCS Codes Referenced|
|L34324||Cardiovascular Stress Testing, Including Exercise and/or Pharmacological Stress and Stress Echocardiography||93015, 93016, 93017, 93018, 93320, 93321, 93325, 93350, 93351, 93352, J0153, J0395, J1245, J1250, J3490|
|L34213||Diagnostic and Therapeutic Colonoscopy||44388,44389,44390, 44391, 44392, 44394, 44401, 44402, 44404, 44405, 44406, 44407, 45378, 45379, 45380, 45381, 45382, 45384, 45385, 45386, 45388, 45389, 45391, 45392, 45393|
|L36864||GlycoMark Testing for Glycemic Control||84378|
|L36846||Measurement of Salivary Hormones||84999|
Last Updated Jun 23, 2017