Future Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs) are available on the CMS Medicare Coverage Database website.
- California Northern - Contractor ID 01112
- California Southern - Contractor ID 01182
- Hawaii and Territories - Contractor ID 01212
- Nevada - Contractor ID 01312
If an LCD contains "Coding Guidelines," they are indicated by an asterisk (*) after the MCD Number.
- Once you access the LCD, the "Coding Guidelines" can be found under the heading, "LCD Attachments" near the end of the document.
- Note: All CPT/HCPCS codes listed are mentioned in the LCD, but are not necessarily subject to diagnosis codes or coverage criteria.
Looking for LCDs Converted to ICD-10?
A list of Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs) converted to ICD-10 is available on the LCDs by Contractor Index (http://go.cms.gov/1tOP9VN ). Use the scroll box on the index to select your Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) and select the "Submit" button to view a list of states that the specified MAC services. You can then select your MAC name from the table to view the future translated LCDs.
- How to Access Updates to ICD-10 Local Coverage Determinations in the CMS Medicare Coverage Database (CMS Special Edition (SE)1421)
Below is a listing of the Future LCDs. All LCDs for Jurisdiction E states contain the same content/guidelines.
|Medicare Database Number||LCD Title||CPT / HCPCS Codes Referenced|
|L35170||Botulinum Toxin Types A and B||31513, 31570, 31599, 43201, 43236, 52287, 64611, 64612, 64615, 64616, 64617, 64642, 64643, 64644, 64645, 64646, 64647, 64650, 64653, 67345, 95873, 95874, J0585, J0586, J0587, J0588|
|L34328||Peripheral Nerve and Peripheral Nerve Field Stimulation||61885, 64550, 64553, 64555, 64561, 64569, 64570, 64575, 64581, 64585, 64999, 95970, 95971, 95972, 95974, 95975|
|L36692||Vitamin D Assay Testing||82306, 82653|
Last Updated Jan 17, 2017