Future Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs)
Future Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs) are available on the CMS Medicare Coverage Database website.
- California Northern - Contractor ID 01112
- California Southern - Contractor ID 01182
- Hawaii and Territories - Contractor ID 01212
- Nevada - Contractor ID 01312
If an LCD contains "Coding Guidelines," they are indicated by an asterisk (*) after the MCD Number.
- Once you access the LCD, the "Coding Guidelines" can be found under the heading, "LCD Attachments" near the end of the document.
- Note: All CPT/HCPCS codes listed are mentioned in the LCD, but are not necessarily subject to diagnosis codes or coverage criteria.
Looking for LCDs Converted to ICD-10?
A list of Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs) converted to ICD-10 is available on the LCDs by Contractor Index . Use the scroll box on the index to select your Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) and select the "Submit" button to view a list of states that the specified MAC services. You can then select your MAC name from the table to view the future translated LCDs.
- How to Access Updates to ICD-10 Local Coverage Determinations in the CMS Medicare Coverage Database (CMS Special Edition (SE)1421)
Below is a listing of the Future LCDs. All LCDs for Jurisdiction E states contain the same content/guidelines.
|Medicare Database Number||LCD Title||CPT / HCPCS Codes Referenced|
|L36378||Bladder/Urothelial Tumor Markers||86294, 86316, 86386, 88120, 88121|
|L36882||MolDX: APC and MUTYH Gene Testing||81201, 81202, 81203, 81403, 81406, 81435, 81479|
|L36886||MolDX-CDD: Percepta Bronchial Genomic Classifier||81479|
|L36704||MolDX-CDD: ProMark Risk Score||81479|
|L34211||Trigger Point Injection||20552, 20553|
Last Updated Apr 07, 2017