CID Status Lookup
The Claim Identifier (CID) Status Lookup allows access to inquire on the outcomes of CERT Claims. A CID may be used to find a specific claim, or a listing of all CERT claims can be found by the provider/supplier details.
- Select Claim Status Inquiry from main menu and then the CERT Inquiry tab.
- Choose TIN, NPI, PTAN and Program under Provider/Supplier Details
- A CID may be entered to find a specific claim, but is not required
A listing of the claims that meet the search criteria is displayed.
The results will show the following:
|CID||Unique Claim Identifier Number assigned to each CERT claim|
|Initial Docs Received||Date CERT received first set of documentation|
|ADR Received||Date CERT received documentation after ADR was sent|
|CERT Review Date||Date CERT Contractor reviewed the claim|
|CERT Review Status||Status of claim in the review process|
|Claim in Error||Yes or No – Indicates if the claim has been found to have been initially processed by the MAC|
|Error Code||The category of error on the claim|
|Error Code Description||Description explaining the error category|
Choose "View Details" to view additional claim information.
Additional details of the claim are provided.
- Line – The line number as it was listed and billed on the CMS-1500 claim form
- CPT/HCPCS – The code billed on the claim line of the CMS-15User00 claim form
- Reviewer Comments – CERT Contractor's denial comment for the line under review
Last Updated Oct 05, 2018