POE AG Meeting Minutes - September 11, 2018 - JF Part B
Provider Outreach and Education Advisory Group (POE AG) Meeting Minutes - September 11, 2018
Elizabeth Barton, Tammy Ewers, Claire Anderson, Heather Langei-Watters, Kimberly Behrens, Lu Newell, Krystal Silvers, Brooke Brown
POEAG Member Attendance
Dawn Davidson, Juli Koprowski, and Michelle Lott
POEAG Mission and Goals
During each meeting, the Mission and Goals are reviewed.
Prior Meeting Minutes
The June 12, 2018 meeting minutes were distributed to POEAG members and published to the website July 13, 2018.
Prior Suggestions and Recommendations
There were no concerns with the POEAG meeting recommendations and/or suggestions from the prior event.
|12/12/17||MACRA Partnership for Provider Education||Noridian was encouraged to partner with the entities responsible for the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) provider education. Our relationships continue to be established, an event has not been scheduled. Outreach regarding this is contracted by CMS outside of Medicare Administrative Contractors and we are conscious of that. We do offer a Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Advance Alternative Payment Model (APM) webpage to redirect providers.|
|3/13/18||POE Request Form||Increase awareness that provider-specific education is available via the POE request form in the Education and Training section of the website. To ensure CMS expectations for all inquiries to initially go through the Provider Contact Center, at this time, we will leave the POE form published and promote it as applicable based on inquiries received. Data analysis of the requests receive indicate providers have not reached out to the PCC with their question.|
New Agenda Items
Prior to the meeting, Noridian solicited agenda topics from members and evaluated significant program changes to discuss.
New Medicare Card / Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI) Updates
- Changes to the Remittance Advise will begin October 1, 2018, through the transition period. The RA will provide the new MBI number if a valid and active HICN is submitted on the claim. Learn More: CMS RA Example
- CMS New Medicare Card Open Door Forum: September 13, 2018, 2 PM PT Attend the next Open-Door Forum on the New Medicare Card. CMS will discuss FAQs and provide an opportunity for questions and comments. Participation Instructions:
- Conference call only; no RSVP needed
- Dial: 800-837-1935 and reference Conference ID: 7692637
- TTY services dial 7-1-1 or 800-855-2880 to access a Relay Communications Assistant
Self Service Enhancements
- Eligibility and Entitlement for Persons with Medicare: for those providers looking for types of coverage and patient statuses which can affect a beneficiary's Medicare coverage, we have a the Eligibility and Entitlement for Persons with Medicare webpage which explains the different patient eligibility and entitlement types, and points of contact to request additional details and status updates. This webpage and our portal offer guidance for providers that reduce the need to contact the Provider Contact Center.
Noridian Medicare Portal (NMP) Enhancements
Eligibility Denial Details
When a claim denies for one of the below eligibility-related reasons, select the link under Claim Status in the "Related Inquiries" portion of the page to access the details to assist with determining your next step. Options available are provided below, including an example that is also available within the NMP User Manual.
- Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP)
- Medicare Advantage/Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
- Home Health
- Entitlement (No Medicare coverage)
- Date of Death
- When a claim denies for one of the below eligibility-related reasons, select the link under Claim Status in the "Related Inquiries" portion of the page to access the details to assist with determining your next step. Options available are provided below, including an example that is also available within the NMP User Manual.
Send Us A Message on the NMP
- Effective July 27, 2018, all NMP users have the ability to Send Us A Message for the Noridian Medical Review or the Noridian CERT liaison teams regarding their concerns. Exchanges help providers understand the claim review decisions and are better prepared to avoid future denials. Messages sent regarding non-Medical Review/CERT will be redirected to contact the Provider/Supplier Contact Centers. Additional instructions are within our User Manual and self-paced tutorials.
Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program (MDPP)
- The NMP eligibility inquiry feature offers the MDPP details for active, inactive, deductible and coinsurance period. The traditional eligibility information provided is restricted for any provider solely registered as an MDPP ‘D1' specialty type. For more information on MDPP, visit our Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program (MDPP) webpage.
Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT) Look-up
- Providers can see which claims are under CERT review through the NMP. It allows for open ended searching by NPI/PTAN/TIN or lookup by CERT Identification Number (CID).
- Eligibility Denial Details
EDISS to End Support of Dial-up Modem Technology - October 1, 2018
- Noridian's EDI Support Services (EDISS) will no longer support modem functionally after October 1, 2018 for any EDI transactions. Any provider or vendor who uses a dial up modem for connectivity and data exchange with EDISS will need to find alternative methods for their connectivity. There are less than 250 providers currently using modems who have received notification and resources including EDISS to End Support of Modem Technology article.
- Provider Enrollment will be added to the NMP as an option to review notification letters, status of applications submitted and submit correspondence when a development is requested. This will allow for the notification letter to be downloaded if the contact on the application has not received it. Once the information for the development request is uploaded and sent back to the representative working on the application, it is automatically attached to the application. Having previously enrolled in Medicare is a prerequisite for NMP; this feature will assist providers with ongoing file maintenance.
Noridian Fall In Person Medicare Part A/B Seminars
- September 19, 2018: Salt Lake City, UT
- October 10, 2018: Boise, ID
- October 22, 2018: Jamestown, ND
- October 26, 2018: Anchorage, AK
Noridian Ask the Contractor Teleconferences (ACTs)
Part A September 19, 2018 and Part B November 14, 2018. ACTs are designed to open communication between the provider community and Noridian. These calls allow for timely identification of problems and information sharing in an informal and interactive atmosphere. During this teleconference there will be appeal and claim processing experts available to answer provider inquiries.
New POEAG Suggestions and Recommendations
During each meeting, all POEAG members are asked to provide suggestions on ways to increase education, improve training methods, or elaborate on topics discussed during the meeting.
- A member asked: When will the MBI cards be mailed for WA and ID as CMS' sites have conflicting information regarding an August mailing vs. a September posting stating "mailing soon?" Are there any claim processing issues for MBIs when the state's card hasn't been mailed yet? See Medicare Card Progress Update article
- A member asked: NMP – PE functionality is not for initial submission correct? Correct. Will this reduce processing time?
- A member stated: WA seminars were completed in 2018. For CMS and the Final Rule, we would want outreach to membership on the impact to practices for one-payment rate or second procedure reduction.
- A member asked: When will there be AB Rebilling Education? Noridian hopes to have this complete before the end of the year. The member has new team members she is hoping to use for training. SE1333 is a resource that contains the most recent guidelines. We are pursuing the creation of static pages. Addressing what to do when the patient exhausts benefits or did not have Part A coverage is also something she is looking for.
The next scheduled meeting is December 11, 2018.
Thank you for attending today's meeting, we look forward to working with all of you again.
Last Updated Tue, 14 Jan 2020 15:17:15 +0000