POE AG Meeting Minutes - December 10, 2019 - JF Part B
Provider Outreach and Education Advisory Group (POE AG) Meeting Minutes - December 10, 2019
Claire Anderson, Elizabeth Barton, Kimberly Behrens, Reanna Doele, Tammy Ewers, Beth Sandeen, and Tana Williams
POEAG Member Attendance
Lisa Beyer, Teresa Cirelli, Dawn Davidson, Terry Beliche (for Amber Krueger)
POEAG Mission and Goals
During each meeting, the Mission and Goals are reviewed.
Prior Meeting Minutes
The September 10, 2019 meeting minutes were distributed to POEAG members and published to the website September 25, 2019.
Here are the POEAG meeting recommendations and/or suggestions from the prior event.
|9/11/2019||A provider asked what education will be provided for the upcoming changes in 2020?||Noridian provides a What's New in the first Quarter 2020 webinar, sign up now for one of the two upcoming events under Schedule of Events. January 7, 2020 or January 14, 2020 after hours. JFA and JFB.|
|9/11/2019||A provider asked about eligibility in the DDE system?||Noridian provided the eligibility feature will be going away in DDE in February 2020 and is no longer being updated at this time. Providers are encouraged to use the NMP or other eligibility systems of HETS. To learn more HETS Help|
New Agenda Items
Prior to the meeting, Noridian solicited agenda topics from members and evaluated significant program changes to discuss.
New Medicare Card / Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI) Updates: Time is running out. Noridian wants to share that we are less than 20 days away from the end of the transition period to obtain the new MBI number. We want to remind providers of the importance of switching to the new MBI number. As of January 1, 2020 Noridian, can longer accept the Health Insurance Claim Number (HICN). Regardless of the date of service the claim will require the new MBI number starting January 1, 2020.
Additional resources available when the Beneficiary is unable to provide a copy of their new insurance card.
- The MBI look-up tool is available through the Noridian Medicare Portal (NMP).
The remittance advice (RA) will also provide the new MBI when a valid HICN is submitted. This feature will end on December 31, 2019.
- Additional resources available when the Beneficiary is unable to provide a copy of their new insurance card.
2020 Annual Benefits Part A/B: Here are that latest updated premiums and deductibles. For more information see CR11542.
Annual inpatient hospital deductible
- $1,408 per benefit period - Day 1-60
- $352 Coinsurance per day - Day 61-90
- $704 per day Lifetime Reserve (LTR) Coinsurance - Day 91-150
- Same as hospital deductible
Skilled Nursing Home (SNF)
- Paid in full - Day 1-20
- $176 Coinsurance per day - Day 21-100
$144.60 - Standard monthly premium
- Held harmless beneficiaries will have a Part B premium increase in 2020
- $198.00 - Annual deductible
- Coinsurance 20%
- Annual inpatient hospital deductible
Noridian Medicare Portal (NMP) Education:
November 1, 2019, Part B Deductible, Hospice, and Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program (MDPP) Response Expansion: NMP information returned within the eligibility inquiry responses has been updated to include expanded deductible information for multiple years, more comprehensive hospice episodes, and MDPP service periods. Learn more Response Expansion.
- November 1, 2019, Part B Deductible, Hospice, and Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program (MDPP) Response Expansion: NMP information returned within the eligibility inquiry responses has been updated to include expanded deductible information for multiple years, more comprehensive hospice episodes, and MDPP service periods. Learn more Response Expansion.
- Provider Enrollment: Provider enrollment gives the option of a Report Card. A report card is an overview of the enrollment. We let them know the areas of improvement and what resources are available online. Below, is a snap shot of what the report card entails. Please reach out to PEeducation@noridian.com if you know an enrollment that would benefit from it.
|Calls to Enrollment Contact Center||March||April||May||June||July||August||September||Total|
|Number of Calls||1||0||1||0||0||1||1||4|
|Reason for Calls||Wrong Dept. Sent to PCC||NA||Re-send RFI||NA||NA||Enrollment Status||Enrollment Status|
|Number of Received Web Applications||0||0||0||0||3||6||2||11|
External Collaboration: We wanted to share our external collaboration events over the past year and the upcoming plan for 2020.
- Home Health and Hospice - All A/B MACs and the Home Health and Hospice MACs continue to partner to educate clinicians in their role in the care of patient certification, recertification and related care. We are working through a national tutorial as well as evaluating the common areas of concern to produce educational material in 2020.
- A/B All-MAC National Collaboration - We have historically worked on national consistent messaging regarding preventive services. This year we shifted gears and focused on conducting six Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) webinars on the different aspects of MSP. With our webinars completed, we will be evaluating the common areas of concern based on the questions received during the webinars and work to produce MSP educational material in 2020. Because of Noridian's routinely high volume of lab redeterminations, we have suggested that the AB MACs produce a national lab-specific appeals webinar.
A/B and DME MAC National Collaboration - Quarterly webinars were held in 2019 to educate clinicians on the Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics and Supplies (DMEPOS) they order for beneficiaries. Their documentation, interactions and frequency of patient care, and partnerships with the DME suppliers is a large impact on the Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT) error rate. Having clinicians educated on the requirements for the DMEPOS they order is important to CMS.
- 2019: Positive Airway Pressure (PAP) 03/21, Lower Limb Orthoses (6/20), Spinal Orthoses (09/19), and Surgical Dressings (12/12)
- 2020: Nebulizers (03/2020), Diabetic Shoes (06/2020), Oxygen (09/2020), and Documentation Requirements (12/2020)
- CERT - We are working with the CERT contractor for a cohosted event to better explain the program and process in 2020; this will be our first event with the CERT.
- Supplemental Medical Review Contractor (SMRC) - We co-hosted our first event with the SMRC this fall. It is our plan to pursue this partnership each year.
- Recover Auditor Contractor (RAC) - We've previously hosted RAC an annual webinar with the RAC to describe the process and our roles in the decisions, recoupment, and related discussions or appeals. We hosted two events this fall and plan to continue this annual partnership.
Providers can view trainings and seminars available by visiting the "Education and Outreach/ Schedule of Events" section of our website.
New POEAG Suggestions and Recommendations
During each meeting, all POEAG members are asked to provide suggestions on ways to increase education, improve training methods, or elaborate on topics discussed during the meeting.
- A provider stated- I don't have a lot to suggest. We are focusing on MBI and Home Health. I appreciate all the education and we try to take that and do as much as we can with the people we have.
- A provider suggested- One suggestion they have received from physicians regarding the final rule for Evaluation and management changes within 2020 for 2021. Sometime during the year, they hope to hear from Medical Review on how they will be auditing with the upcoming changes. Noridian acknowledges there is a lot of information in the Final Rule and we will look to CMS for approval and published Change Requests and/or MLN Matters material as the baseline for our outreach.
- A provider states- I don't have any recommendations. I appreciate all the additional education. I received a call from someone at Noridian to go over information with the team based on the calls we've made into Noridian's call center. She is looking forward to that webinar.
Scheduled Meetings for 2020
All meeting times 1-2 PM CT
- March 10
- June 9
- September 8
- December 8
Thank you for attending today's meeting, we look forward to working with all of you again.
Last Updated Mon, 27 Jan 2020 09:58:52 +0000