POE AG Meeting Minutes - December 13, 2016 - JF Part B
Provider Outreach and Education Advisory Group (POE AG) Meeting Minutes - December 11, 2018
Claire Anderson, Elizabeth Barton, Kimberly Behrens, Annessa Schjeldrup
POEAG Member Attendance
Teresa Cirelli, Lisa Davies,Dawn Davidson, Mark East, Mindy Gale, Samantha Karpenko, Amber Krueger, Michelle Lott
POEAG Mission and Goals
During each meeting, the Mission and Goals are reviewed.
Prior Meeting Minutes
The September 11, 2018 meeting minutes were distributed to POEAG members and published to the website October 10, 2018.
Prior Suggestions and Recommendations
There were no concerns with the POEAG meeting recommendations and/or suggestions from the prior event.
New Agenda Items
Prior to the meeting, Noridian solicited agenda topics from members and evaluated significant program changes to discuss.
New Medicare Card / Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI) Updates: CMS has finished wave six card mailings. All states included in Jurisdiction E mailings is complete. Providers do you know what to do with the beneficiary who states, "I am still waiting for my card?" CMS has resources to help, these resources are available:
Beneficiaries may sign up for MyMedicare.gov
- Beneficiary creates an account
- Verify card mailing status
- View or print card
Beneficiaries may call 1-800-Medicare (1-800-633-4227)
- Verify identity
- Update address
- Help getting new card
CMS promotional materials
- Flyers, posters and tear-off pads available
- Beneficiaries may sign up for MyMedicare.gov
2018-2019 Influenza (Flu) Resources for Health Care Professionals: All health care professionals who order, refer or provide flu vaccines and vaccine administrations to Medicare beneficiary here are some tips from CMS.
- Take advantage of each office visit as an opportunity to encourage patients to protect themselves from the flu and serious complications by getting a flu shot.
- Continue to provide the flu shot if you have vaccine available, even after the new year.
- Remember to immunize yourself and your staff.
- Annual Part B deductible and coinsurance amounts do not apply.
- Learn More: CMS Medicare Learning Network (MLN) Matters Special Edition (SE)18015
Review of Opioid Use during the Initial Preventive Physical Examination (IPPE) and Annual Wellness Visit (AWV): CMS strongly encourages the review of opioid use during review of the medical and family history while performing the IPPE or the AWV. Providers are encouraged to pay close attention to opioid use to help in the reduction of misuse. It is important that providers introduce prevention, education and treatment to beneficiaries that are possibly at risk.
Self Service Enhancements
Noridian Medicare Portal (NMP) Enhancements:
Eligibility Denial Details: When a claim denies for one of the below eligibility-related reasons, select the link under Claim Status in the "Related Inquiries" portion of the page to access the details to assist with determining your next step. Options available are provided below, including an example that is also available within the NMP User Manual.
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF)/ Inpatient
- 1099 Functionality – Noridian is working to make 1099 tax information available on our portal. While the goal is to offer this in December, we will advertise the availability when launched via our website, listserv, and education events.
- Eligibility Denial Details: When a claim denies for one of the below eligibility-related reasons, select the link under Claim Status in the "Related Inquiries" portion of the page to access the details to assist with determining your next step. Options available are provided below, including an example that is also available within the NMP User Manual.
- Foresee Customer Satisfaction Survey: Continue to encourage peers to improve our website by completing the Foresee website satisfaction survey. We promote this on our website, email signature lines, and events. Recommendations received via the survey allow Noridian to make specific website and portal improvements. Survey Results of all Medicare Administrative Contractors
- Noridian Medicare Portal (NMP) Enhancements:
- Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) – Provider Outreach and Education (POE) A/B MAC Collaboration Group: The POE A/B MAC collaboration group is looking for input on MSP information. Where do you see denials? What type of information do you find helpful? What education would be best for your providers? Here is an idea that we have added to our website for Part A MSP: Diagnosis Driven MSP Claim Rejections
Provider Enrollment: CMS National Provider Enrollment Conference - March 12 and 13, 2019 hosted at the Nashville Music City Center in Nashville Tennessee. Take advantage of this opportunity to interact directly with CMS and Medicare Contractor provider enrollment experts. This event will be hosted by National Supplier Clearinghouse. Register now.
- New and Proposed Provider Enrollment Regulations
- Maintaining Compliance with Enrollment Requirements
- Setting up Your Access to PECOS and much more
Providers can view trainings and seminars available by visiting the "Education and Outreach / Schedule of Events" section of our website.
New POEAG Suggestions and Recommendations
During each meeting, all POEAG members are asked to provide suggestions on ways to increase education, improve training methods, or elaborate on topics discussed during the meeting.
- A member asked for information on the therapy threshold (no longer a cap) and G-codes for 2019 and would like some information. Noridian provided these links Therapy G Codes and Therapy threshold
- A member shared for opioid and annual wellness visit or IPPE, she has reviewed CMS resources SE18004 and has questions on how Medicare will handle prescriptions for opioids. Managed Care Plans are having to implement additional safeguards such as hard/soft edits for provider discussions w/ pharmacy managers. Noridian's workgroup member will be asked to contact the member as well as to bring the question to the workgroup. Adding extensions, edits, and other aspects with Part D drug plan for consistencies across different programs would be helpful from all Medicare. CMS released SE18016 and there will be more to come in 2019 for the opioid misuse campaign. Watch our website for upcoming events on opioid misuse in 2019.
- A member had concerns regarding the Audit Level 2 email solicitation of PHI and MSP-related self-audits. Noridian received the information and followed up with the provider.
- A member asked for new Medicare card information on how large of a problem is mail returns and beneficiaries not receiving their cards? Hundreds or thousands? Can this be shared or is it published. Noridian researched the MBI information and found no published information on the number of mail returns on the CMS website. If the beneficiary has not received their card they can reference the beneficiary to 1-800-MEDICARE or encourage the beneficiary to sign up at Mymedicare.gov.
- A member shared CAH has limited information and would like more information. Please watch the Noridian schedule of events page for upcoming events on CAH.
- A member stated that she appreciates the input and heads up on what is up and coming. They really enjoy the webinars they watch and sign up for. Thank you for attending the Noridian events.
Prior to the next meeting Kimberly will be emailing a survey on:
Please respond to the following questions at POEAG@Noridian.com
- Why do you attend the POEAG?
- What are your suggestions to make the POEAG more successful?
- Are you open to change?
What type of education are you looking for?
- Webinars? Education on Demand tutorials? Website pages and updates? What works best for your providers?
The next scheduled meeting is March 12, 2019.
Thank you for attending today's meeting, we look forward to working with all of you again.
Last Updated Tue, 08 Jan 2019 16:31:55 +0000