Mental Health: Covered and Non-covered Services
View mental health services that may be and are not covered under the Medicare Program.
- Psychiatric diagnostic interviews;
- Individual psychotherapy;
- Interactive psychotherapy;
- Family psychotherapy (with patient present and primary purpose of which is treatment of individual's condition);
- Family psychotherapy (without patient present that is medically reasonable and necessary and primary purpose of which is treatment of individual's condition);
- Group psychotherapy;
- Pharmacologic management;
- Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT);
- Diagnostic psychological and neuropsychological tests;
- Biofeedback therapy; and
- Individualized activity therapy (as part of a Partial Hospitalization Program [PHP] and that is not primarily recreational or diversionary).
- Environmental intervention;
- Geriatric day care programs;
- Individual psychophysiological therapy that incorporates biofeedback training (any modality);
- Marriage counseling;
- Pastoral counseling;
- Report preparation;
- Interpretation or explanation of results or data;
- Transportation and meals; and
- Telephone services.
Last Updated Oct 25, 2018