Passwords for the Noridian Medicare Portal
Users may reset passwords and unlock accounts by using the Forgot Password? link on the portal login page.
- Enter email address and last name. Select "Search" button
- Answer three of five previously answered security questions correctly and select "Check Answers" button
- If an answer is not correct, change response(s) and select "Check Answers" button again
- After answering three questions correctly, portal will prompt user for a new password
- A message displays that password change was successful. Select "Continue" and choose Log Out.
- Close web browser and open a new one to log in with new password
- Password is case sensitive.
- Must be at least 8 characters long.
- Must be no more than 50 characters long.
- Must include at least 1 number.
- Must have at least 1 symbol (non-letter or number) character.
- Must have at least 1 lowercase letter.
- Must have at least 1 uppercase letter.
- Can be changed no more often than once every 1 day.
- New password may not have been used previously.
- New passwords must contain at least four different characters than previous password.
- CMS requires passwords be changed every 60 days
- Keep record of security answers to use the self-service rest password/unlock account feature
- Be sure to clear your cookies/cache, close all browser windows and open a new one before you log in
- Never save your NMP password in your browser
Last Updated May 10, 2019