The Noridian Medicare Portal offers "Administrator" access as well as "End User" access. Administrators also have the ability to approve billing agency/clearinghouse access to conduct portal inquiries on their behalf. This checklist will help users know the steps that need to be taken when registering for the portal.
| Check || Step |
| || Facility must determine Administrator(s) |
- Administrations do not have access to conduct inquires in portal
- Administrators approve/deny End User access, remove End User access, if necessary, and monitor End User portal activity
- Each administrator may have access to five Tax Identification Numbers (TINs). Each facility is advised to have two administrators per TIN to serve as backup, when necessary
| || Registrant must ensure all registration information is ready |
- TIN and one National Provider Identifier (NPI) and Provider Transaction Access Number (PTAN) combination within that TIN
- Part A and Medicare Part B providers must verify EDISS Connect information is current. Go to http://www.edissweb.com/cgp/registration/
- Employees who work with facility's electronic claim submission should be contacted for account information
- Each record must contain TIN or Social Security Number (SSN), NPI, Submitter ID, also known as Trading Partner ID, and be an approved submitter. If any information is missing, Noridian Medicare Portal accounts will not be approved. If further assistance is required, contact Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- Submitter ID obtained from EDISS Connect for Part A and B users
- A recently-paid check number and check amount. This may be obtained from Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
- Part A check cannot be older than 90 days
| || Attend Noridian Medicare Portal workshop |
- To register for a workshop, go to "Education & Outreach" and "Schedule of Events." Select desired workshop title and register.
- View self-paced tutorial of workshop. Select Noridian Medicare Portal Tutorial
| || Administrator(s) complete portal registration |
- As Noridian Medicare Portal is launched, it is important that facilities have a communication plan is in place to inform End users who Administrator(s) are. This will prevent inappropriate Administrator registrations if the employee is to be an "End user" and conduct inquiries.
| || Review Noridian Medicare Portal webpage for additional information, if necessary |
- Go to "Browse by Topic" and "Noridian Medicare Portal" to view user manuals, tutorials, and emails as we progress in our migration plan.
| || Administrator(s) must notify End Users when their registration may begin |
- Administrator(s) should provide the following to their End Users for each NPI that requires access:
- EDI Submitter ID