MLN Connects Special Edition - December 3, 2019
MBI Transition Ends This Month: Will You Be Paid On January 1?
The 21 month transition period will end on December 31; use Medicare Beneficiary identifiers (MBIs) now.
- You are currently submitting 86% of claims with MBIs.
- Get MBIs from your patients and through the MAC portals (sign up) now and after the transition period. You can also find the MBI on the remittance advice.
- Protect your patients from identity theft - use MBIs.
Starting January 1, if you do not use the MBI (regardless of the date of service) for Medicare transactions
- We will reject your claims with a few exceptions
- We will reject all eligibility transactions
See the MLN Matters Article for more information on getting and using MBIs.
Last Updated Dec 04, 2019