Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
To provide an efficient and more streamlined service to you as a provider, CMS and Noridian require Medicare suppliers to use the IVR for specific information. These services are only available during the hours the Medicare processing system is available. The specific services for which Noridian requires providers to use the IVR include:
- Same and Similar HCPCS Lookup
- Claim Status
- Payment Floor
- Duplicate Remittance Advice
- Provider Enrollment (PECOS ordering/referring physician enrollment inquiry)
- CMN Status
Additional information regarding the required use of self-service to complete simple inquiries is available in the CMS Internet Only Manual (IOM), Medicare Contractor Beneficiary and Provider Communications Manual, Publication 100-09, Chapter 6 .
Hours of availability for the required services identified above are:
- General IVR inquiries available 24/7
- Claim-specific inquiries available Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. ET, Saturday 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. ET
The IVR is available 24/7 to provide callers with the following general services:
- Eligibility (with minimal exceptions for downtime determined by CMS )
- Reference telephone numbers
- General redetermination and reconsideration information
- CERT information
- Hours of Operation
The IVR User Guide explains how to use the IVR and what information is available through the system. CMS regulations require Medicare providers to use the IVR.
Use the IVR Conversion Tool to assist in determining the touch-tone data-entry if you prefer to avoid the voice-recognition option offered from the IVR.
Last Updated Dec 22, 2016
IVR Conversion Tool
PTAN and Medicare Number Conversion
Last Updated Mar 01, 2015