End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
ESRD is partial or complete failure of the kidneys. Individuals will have already received a diagnosis of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD). Individuals with ESRD typically are on dialysis or have had a kidney transplant; two ways to manage the disease.
- CMS Erythropoietin Stimulating Agents Policies
- CMS ESRD Center
- CMS ESRD Prospective Payment System (PPS) Overview
- CMS ESRD Quality Initiative Overview
- CMS Internet Only Manual (IOM), Publication 100-02, Medicare Benefit Policy Manual, Chapter 11 - ESRD, Sections 10-60, 90, 120, 130, and 140
- CMS IOM, Publication 100-04, Medicare Claims Processing Manual, Chapter 8 - Outpatient ESRD Hospital, Independent, Facility, and Physician/Supplier Claims, Sections 10-80
Last Updated Jan 18, 2018
Beneficiaries are required to complete a 30 month coordination period prior to Medicare becoming their primary insurance.
The below are topic specific articles which have been published to "Latest Updates" and sent out in Noridian emails within the past two years. Exclusions to this include time sensitive related announcements such as: Noridian and CMS educational events, Ask-the-Contractor Teleconferences and claims processing downtime.