Providers and suppliers that furnish film, digital or 3-D mammography services and bill Medicare for these services must have their Mammography Certification up to date in order for claims for these mammography services to process.
The following must be submitted via fax.
- The FDA Issued Certificate (including the FDA Issue Letter stating approval for 3-D Tomosynthesis, if applicable)
- Certification Number
- Provider Transaction Access Number (PTAN)
- National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Tax Identification Number
- Contact Information for the submitter (name, phone number, and email address)
Fax the information to Noridian at 701-277-6572. Please allow 2-3 business days for your update to be completed. Failure to provide the required information may result in delayed processing of the affected claims.
For additional information, see the CMS Internet Only Manual (IOM), Publication 100-04, Chapter 18, Section 20
Last Updated Jul 06, 2018