IVR Conversion Tool
PTAN and Medicare Number Conversion
Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
Access the below IVR related information from this page.
To provide an efficient and more streamlined service for our providers, CMS and Noridian require Medicare Part B providers to use the IVR to retrieve the specific information included below.
- Part A/B patient eligibility
- Claim status
- Deductible status
- Check status
- Check history
- Remittance Information
Hours of availability for the required services identified above are:
- General IVR inquiries available 24/7
- Claim-specific inquiries available Monday – Friday 4 a.m. - 7 p.m. PT and Saturday 4 a.m. - 2 p.m. PT
The IVR is available 24/7 to provide callers with the following general services:
- Eligibility (with minimal exceptions for downtime determined by CMS )
- Reference telephone numbers
- Medicare Part A addresses
- General redetermination and reconsideration information
- CERT information
- Hours of Operation
- Call from a quiet environment
- Have your information organized before calling (See authentication details below)
- Speak clearly and naturally into telephone
- Bypass upfront messaging by saying "Main Menu" or pressing the # key on telephone keypad
- Selections may be keyed or spoken without waiting for entire prompt to play
- Say "Main Menu" at any time to go back to beginning of call flow
- If IVR is having difficulty with information as spoken, try keying information with telephone keypad
- Enter full Medicare number including alpha character(s)
- When speaking date, use full format, for example, say "July fifth, two thousand ten"
- In order to obtain accurate information, some Medicare numbers require suffix verification each time, such as "B as in Boy," "D as in Dog," or "T as in Tom." To eliminate repetition, include this information when giving Medicare number - "123456789B as in Boy"
If you prefer to avoid the voice-recognition option offered from the IVR, use the IVR Conversion Tool to assist in determining the touch-tone data-entry.
The below detail how to use the IVR and what information is available through it.
Last Updated Nov 27, 2017