Provider Contact Center (PCC) - JE Part A
PCC Peak Call Times
The contact centers have been experiencing peak call volumes between 9am to 12pm PT which may increase your wait time. Please consider calling outside our peak hours as our representatives are here to assist you 6am-5pm PT.
Provider Contact Center (PCC)
Providers are required to utilize self-service options such as Noridian Medicare Portal (NMP) and the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system to retrieve claim status and beneficiary eligibility details such as. Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) will refer providers to these resources.
To fully comply with this requirement, Noridian requires providers to obtain the below information from self-service options, when available. Providers without access to NMP must coordinate with his/her employer to gain access.
Beneficiaries must contact Medicare by calling 1-800-Medicare (1-800-633-4227).
Access the below related information from this page:
- Noridian Medicare Portal
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
- Provider Contact Center
- User Security
- PCC Assistance Structure
Noridian Medicare Portal
Visit the Portal Guide for additional resources including: Registration Guide, Inquiry Guide, and Education on Demand videos
Inquiry Hours of Availability:
- MBI Lookup
- ADR Status and Submission
- CERT Inquiry
- Appeals Status
- Full Remittance Advices
- Provider Enrollment
- Prior Authorization Status and Submission
- Same or Similar (Option 2)
- Message Center
- Monday - Friday: 4 a.m. - 7 p.m. PT & Saturday: 4 a.m. - 2 p.m. PT:
- Claim Status (including Recoupment Requests)
- Appeals Submission
- Claim Specific Remittances
- Same or Similar (Option 1)
- New User Registration
- Sunday: No Availability
Password/Registration Support: User Security:
- 855-609-9960 (Option 5)
- Monday - Friday: 6 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. PT
Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
Visit the IVR Guide for more details.
- General Inquiries - 24/7
- Claim Specific Inquiries
- Monday - Friday: 4 a.m. - 7 p.m. PT
- Saturday: 4 a.m. - 2 p.m. PT
Note: Eligibility related information provided at the time of an NMP and/or IVR inquiry is as correct and current as available; however, changes may occur daily as Medicare, the Social Security Administration, Health Maintenance Organizations, Home Health Agencies, inpatient facilities, etc. initiate updates to a patient's national file. Due to such ongoing changes, the PCC CSRs will no longer provide callers with an Inquiry ID as a form of NMP and/or IVR information validation for these situations.
Provider Contact Center
Be prepared to have the following information ready:
- National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Provider Transaction Access Number (PTAN)
- Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
Note: CSRs can assist with three (3) inquiries per call.
- Option 1: Part A
- Option 2: Electronic Data Interchange Support Services (EDISS)
- Option 3: Provider Enrollment
- Option 4: Reopenings
- Monday - Friday: 6 a.m. - 5 p.m. PT
Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TTY): 855-549-9874
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. PT
User Security staff assist with:
- User Account Access
- Assistance with Registration
- Multi Factor Authentication (MFA)
Phone: 855-609-9960 Option 5
- Monday - Friday: 6 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. PT
PCC Assistance Structure
Noridian uses a triage approach to manage provider inquiries in accordance with CMS Internet Only Manual (IOM), Publication 100-09, Medicare Contractor Beneficiary and Provider Communications Manual, Chapter 6, Sections 30.1, 30.5 and 30.5.1. The use of self-serve technology enables the PCC to more efficiently handle the increasing volume of provider calls by allowing providers access to certain information without direct personal assistance from contractor staff.
View official instruction in CMS Change Request CR3376.
- CMS IOM, Publication 100-04, Medicare Claims Processing Manual, Chapter 34
- CMS IOM, Publication 100-09, Medicare Contractor Beneficiary and Provider Communications Manual, Chapter 6, Section 30.1.1 and 50.1 - CMS Self-Service Requirements
Last Updated Fri, 15 Oct 2021 17:34:16 +0000
The below are topic specific articles which have been published to "Latest Updates" and sent out in Noridian emails within the past two years. Exclusions to this include time sensitive related announcements such as: Noridian and CMS educational events, Ask-the-Contractor Teleconferences and claims processing downtime.