- Documentation and Coding that Demonstrates Medical Necessity
- Documentation proving the service/procedure was performed
NEW! Watch the below list continue to expand as updates are made.
Documentation Requirements webpages will not be created for every possible situation or provider type.
Provider Type/Topic Specific Requirements
- Cardiac Services
- Dental Services
- Drugs, Injections and Biological
- Facet InjeEnd Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBO) Therapy Services
- Inpatient Prospective Payment System (PPS) Hospital
- Inpatient Psychiatric Facility (IPF)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF)
- Outpatient Therapy
- Preventive Services
- Radiation Therapy
- Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF)
- Spinal Fusion
- Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Total Knee Arthroplasty
Additional General Requirements
Last Updated May 10, 2017
Documentation Requirements Disclaimer
The documentation requirements contents/references provided within this section were prepared as educational tools and are not intended to grant rights or impose obligations. Use of these documents are not intended to take the place of either written law or regulations.
The listing of records is not all inclusive. Providers must ensure all necessary records are submitted to support services rendered.
Important that physician intent, physician decision and physician recommendation to provide services derived clearly from the medical record and properly authenticated.
The submission of these records shall not guarantee payment as all applicable coverage requirements must be met.
Last Updated Apr 06, 2016