Ambulance Zip Code Definition Lookup
Enter the five-digit zip code being billed to determine if it is urban, rural or super rural:
To learn more about these definitions, refer to the CMS Medicare Claims Processing Manual, Publication 100-04, Chapter 15 .
Medicare ambulance services are typically a Part B covered benefit; however, in some situations, it may be covered by Part A. Medicare considers the ambulance benefit as a transport so if there is no transport provided there is no payable service. See the guides below for further details on ambulance covered services.
Access the below ambulance related information from this page.
- CMS Ambulance Fee Schedule
- CMS Ambulance Services Center
- CMS Internet Only Manual (IOM), Publication 100-02, Chapter 10 - Ambulance Services, Sections 10-30
- CMS IOM, Publication 100-04, Chapter 15 - Ambulance, Sections 20-40
- CMS Medicare Learning Network (MLN) Matters MM6700 - Ensuring the Denial of Claims for Ambulance Services Rendered to Beneficiaries in Part A Skilled Nursing Facility Stays
Last Updated May 09, 2018
The below are topic specific articles which have been published to "Latest Updates" and sent out in Noridian emails within the past two years. Exclusions to this include time sensitive related announcements such as: Noridian and CMS educational events, Ask-the-Contractor Teleconferences and claims processing downtime.