Article Detail - JA DME
Qualifying Wounds for Surgical Dressing Coverage
There are two basic situations when surgical dressings are covered.
- When they are required for the treatment of a wound caused by or treated by a surgical procedure; or
- When they are required after debridement of a wound
The surgical debridement must be performed by a physician or other healthcare professional to the extent permissible under state law.
Types of debridement:
- Surgical (sharp instrument or laser)
- Mechanical (irrigation or wet-to-dry dressing)
- Chemical (topical application of enzymes)
- Autolytic (application of occlusive dressings to an open wound)
Last Updated Wed, 19 Jan 2022 17:01:27 +0000