Article Detail - JA DME
Remittance Remark Code N790 Incorrect on Non-Accredited HCPCS Codes
Provider/Supplier Type(s) Impacted: All
Reason Codes: Not applicable
Claim Coding Impact: Not applicable
Description of Issue: Noridian identified an issue with the Remark code N790 populating in error on Remittance Advices containing the following non-accredited HCPC code descriptions:
- A01 Non-Accredited - Epoetin
- A02 Non-Accredited - Immunosuppressive Drugs
- A03 Non-Accredited - Infusion Drugs
- A04 Non-Accredited - Nebulizer Drugs
- A05 Non-Accredited - Oral Anti-Cancer Drugs
- A06 Non-Accredited - Oral Antiemetic Drugs (Replacement for Intravenous Antiemetics)
The codes listed above do not require accreditation.
Noridian Action Required: Noridian will provide updates as they are available.
Provider/Supplier Action Required: No action is needed by suppliers.
Proposed Resolution/Solution: Noridian is working with CMS to correct the issue.
02/01/23 - The issue is still being researched. Noridian will provide additional updates as they are available.
02/15/23 - The issue is still being researched.
03/08/23 - The issue is still being researched.
03/22/23 - The issue is still being researched.
Date Reported: 01/13/23
Last Updated Wed, 22 Mar 2023 15:27:24 +0000