AdvanceMed is the CERT Review Contractor and the CERT Documentation Contractor.
CERT Review Contractor
AdvanceMed, a Program Safeguard Contractor (PSC), administers the activities of the Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT) program. As the CERT Review Contractor, AdvanceMed is responsible for:
- Selecting a random sample of claims that have been received by each Medicare contractor every month.
- Reviewing the selected claims and associated medical record documentation to determine if the claim was appropriately adjudicated according to Medicare regulations/guidelines.
CERT Documentation Contractor
AdvanceMed's role as the CERT documentation contractor is to streamline the record request and receipt functions.
The CERT Documentation Contractor is responsible for:
- Requesting and receiving medical record documents;
- Maintaining a document tracking system;
- Providing a website for updating supplier addresses and contact information;
- Scanning the medical records into a retrieval system; and
- Operating a call center to answer contractor and supplier questions regarding CERT.
|Mailing Address|| AdvanceMed |
CERT Documentation Center
1510 East Parham Road
Henrico, VA 23228
|Phone||1-888-779-7477 or 1-443-663-2699|
Last Updated Oct 23, 2018