MS - JA DME
Six month maintenance and servicing fee for reasonable and necessary parts and labor which are not covered under any manufacturer or supplier warranty
For beneficiaries using a stationary concentrator, portable concentrator or transfilling equipment during the 36th rental month, payment for maintenance and service (M&S) may occur no more often than every six months beginning no sooner than six months following the end of the rental period.
Necessary M&S may be billed for parenteral/enteral pumps after the 15-month rental limit is reached. This may include repairs and extensive maintenance that involve the breaking down of sealed components, or performing tests that require specialized testing equipment not available to the beneficiary or nursing home.
- Oxygen: A six month M&S fee may be billed to Medicare using this modifier for reasonable and necessary parts and labor which are not covered under any manufacturer or supplier warranty
- Enteral Pumps: Beginning six months after last rental payment for pump, no more than one-half rental payment may be paid every six months
- Parenteral Pumps: Beginning three months after last rental payment for pump, no more than one-half the rental payment may be paid every three months
- Oxygen: Separate payment is not allowed for M&S during initial 36 month rental period
- Enteral Pumps: Payment is not allowed for M&S during initial 15 month rental period
- Parenteral Pumps: Payment is not allowed for M&S during initial 15 month rental period
- Supplier Manual, Chapter 5, Repairs, Maintenance and Replacement
Last Updated Wed, 02 May 2018 14:27:39 +0000