Article Detail - JE Part A
COVID-19: Vaccinate Your Patients
Help protect your patients from COVID-19. Medicare covers the COVID-19 vaccine administration. There’s no cost to your Medicare patient for the vaccine and its administration.
Find out if your Medicare patient is fully vaccinated:
- Check Medicare eligibility (PDF) for COVID-19 vaccine administration history from Fee-for-Service claims paid for calendar years 2020 and 2021. This includes Medicare Advantage patients.
- You’ll get the CPT or HCPCS codes, date of service, and national provider identifier for who administered the vaccine for each paid vaccine administration claim.
- If you don’t see information about Medicare claims, ask your patients about their COVID-19 vaccination history; they may have been vaccinated, and the provider didn’t submit a Medicare claim (like if they got vaccinated at a free event).
- COVID-19 Provider Toolkit: Enroll with Medicare to administer the vaccine; get information on coding, payment, and billing
- CDC Vaccines & Immunizations webpage: Enroll with the CDC to get the vaccine; get information on training, reporting, and support
- CDC Vaccines and Administration webpage: How to talk to your patients about COVID-19 vaccination
Last Updated Thu, 19 Aug 2021 16:27:47 +0000