Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility (CORF)
On this page, view the below information.
Information is found in CMS Internet Only Manual (IOM), Publication 100-08, Medicare Program Integrity Manual, Chapter 15 Section 4.1.2 and the CMS IOM, Publication 100-07, State Operations Manual, Chapter 2. A CORF is a facility established and operated at a single fixed location exclusively for providing diagnostic, therapeutic, and restorative services to outpatients by or under the supervision of a physician
Examples of these services include:
- Physician services*
- Physical therapy*
- Social work or psychological services*
- Occupational therapy
- Respiratory therapy
- Speech pathology
- Prosthetic/orthotic devices
- Lab services (must meet 42 CFR Part 493 requirements)
- Note: (*) indicates services required
Billing for CORF
- For more information regarding billing, go to the billing portion of the website.
|PECOS application|| |
|CMS-588 EFT|| |
Application Time Frame
- Once Noridian has completed the reviewal of the application, a Recommendation for Approval Letter is sent to the State Agency and CMS. Below are the time frames in which Noridian has to review the application
|Application Type||Processing Time|
|PECOS||On average, it can take 45 calendar days before application is sent to the state and CMS for approval|
|Paper||On average, it can take 60 calendar days before application is sent to the state and CMS for approval|
- The state agency and the CMS regional office work together on the approval process. Once the regional office has all the required information, they will issue the approval letter. This is sent to the provider and to Noridian.
- After receiving the tie-in, Noridian will have the following time-frames to complete the application.
- If a site visit is needed, Noridian will have 45 days to complete the application
- If a site visit is not needed, Noridian will have 21 days to complete the application
Last Updated Sep 04, 2019