Reason Code U5211 - JE Part A
Reason Code U5211
Reason Code Narrative
THE STATEMENT FROM/THRU DATE IS GREATER THAN THE DATE OF DEATH ON THE BENEFICIARY MASTER RECORD.
Common Reason Code Errors
- Claim was submitted with a date of service after date of death of beneficiary.
- Date of death on Common Working File (CWF) is incorrect.
- Patient status 20 billed incorrectly on history claim in CWF.
- Occurrence code 55 reflects a date after the date of death on CWF.
Common Reason Code Corrections
- Verify date of death on the beneficiary file is correct. If incorrect, information needs to be corrected with Social Security Administration (SSA).
- Once the correct date is on CWF file for the beneficiary, resubmit claim.
- If incorrect patient status has been billed on a history CWF claim this will need to be corrected through an adjustment.
View reason code list, return to Reason Code Guidance page.
Last Updated Wed, 04 Jan 2023 19:07:50 +0000