Reason Code W7003 - JE Part A
Reason Code W7003
Reason Code Narrative
DIAGNOSIS AND SEX CONFLICT
Common Reason Code Errors
- Beneficiary sex located in UB04 FL 11 or electronic equivalent, or on page one of Direct Data Entry (DDE) is not compatible with one or more of diagnosis codes listed in FL 66-69
- Beneficiary sex listed in DDE does not match Common Working File (CWF) data
Common Reason Code Corrections
- Check beneficiary records to ensure that correct patient sex has been listed.
- Verify correct diagnosis codes have been reported on claim.
- Verify if CWF matches local file and if there is no match found, contact Provider Contact Center to have corrections made to the patient's local file.
- CMS Definitions of Medicare Code Edits
- CMS Integrated Outpatient Code Editor (IOCE)
- CMS Internet Only Manual (IOM), Publication 100-04, Medicare Claims Processing Manual, Chapter 25
View reason code list, return to Reason Code Guidance page.
Last Updated Thu, 27 Feb 2020 15:10:58 +0000