Reason Code 31 - JA DME
Reason Code: 31
|Reason Code: 31||Patient cannot be identified as our insured.|
Common Reasons for Denial
- Incorrect Medicare number was submitted on the claim.
- Beneficiary is not enrolled in Medicare.
- Check IVR Noridian Medicare Portal for beneficiary's eligibility with Medicare.
- Correct and resubmit as a new claim.
How to Avoid Future Denials
- If the record on file is incorrect, the patient's family/estate must contact Social Security to have records corrected.
Last Updated Wed, 28 Nov 2018 13:25:51 +0000