Reason Code B9 - JA DME
Reason Code B9
|Reason Code: B9||Patient is enrolled in a hospice program.|
Common Reasons for Denial
- Patient is enrolled in a hospice program.
Check for hospice care enrollment.
If on hospice and item is under hospice diagnosis:
- Purchased item - Bill appropriate facility for item
- Rental item - Pick up equipment and notify facility providing the hospice care
- If not entitled for hospice care, contact the local Social Security Office for corrections. Once data is corrected, resubmit as a new claim
- If on hospice and item is under hospice diagnosis:
How to Avoid Future Denials
- Ensure that eligibility is verified and that appropriate diagnosis and modifiers are appended to claim line when applicable
- Suppliers may call Noridian Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System or use the Noridian Medicare Portal to verify if beneficiary was inpatient or not
Last Updated Wed, 28 Nov 2018 13:24:54 +0000