Article Detail - JD DME
MLN Connects Special Edition - April 30, 2020 - COVID-19: Second Round of Sweeping Changes, RHC & FQHC Flexibilities, EMTALA
- Trump Administration Issues Second Round of Sweeping Changes to Support U.S. Healthcare System During COVID-19 Pandemic
- New and Expanded Flexibilities for Rural Health Clinics (RHCs) and Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency (PHE) MLN Matters Article
- New Frequently Asked Questions on EMTALA
At President Trump’s direction, and building on its recent historic efforts to help the U.S. healthcare system manage the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, on April 30, 2020, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, issued another round of sweeping regulatory waivers and rule changes to deliver expanded care to the nation’s seniors and provide flexibility to the healthcare system as America reopens. These changes include making it easier for Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries to get tested for COVID-19 and continuing CMS’s efforts to further expand beneficiaries’ access to telehealth services.
A revised MLN Matters Special Edition Article SE20016 on New and Expanded Flexibilities for Rural Health Clinics (RHCs) and Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency (PHE) is available. Learn new information on billing for distant site telehealth services during the COVID-19 PHE, including:
- New telehealth services that can be provided by RHCs and FQHCs, including audio only telephone evaluation and management services
- Revised bed count methodology for determining the exemption to the RHC payment limit for provider-based RHCs
CMS issued Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) clarifying requirements and considerations for hospitals and other providers related to the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA) during the COVID-19 pandemic. The FAQs address questions around patient presentation to the emergency department, EMTALA applicability across facility types, qualified medical professionals, medical screening exams, patient transfer and stabilization, telehealth, and other topics.
Last Updated Thu, 30 Apr 2020 21:26:30 +0000