Open Meeting - JD DME
The Noridian DME MAC Medical Directors shall conduct open public meetings and allow public comments concerning proposed policy or changed policy 45 days in advance of the effective date. There are four exceptions to an open public meeting.
- Revised LCD being issued for compelling reasons
- Revised LCD that makes a non-substantive correction (e.g. typographical or grammatical errors that do not substantially change the LCD)
- Revised LCD to reflect changes in Statutes, Federal regulations, CMS Rulings, National Coverage Determinations (NCDs), HCPCS code changes, coverage provisions in interpretive manuals, and payment policies
- Revised LCD to effectuate an Administrative Law Judge's decision to nullify an existing LCD (i.e. LCD Challenge)
Noridian DME MAC Open Meetings are scheduled by the Noridian and CGS Contractor Medical Directors to allow the public to submit information for consideration regarding Medicare Local Coverage Determination (LCD) development; however, specific claims are not discussed during these meetings.
Formal Comment Process
The DME MACs will solicit comments from physicians, manufacturers, suppliers, and other professionals involved in the ordering or provision of these items. Other stakeholder comments are also welcomed. Comments may be submitted electronically or hardcopy.
A joint DME MAC public meeting will be held at a predetermined location. Interested parties from any DME MAC jurisdiction may attend. This meeting is for oral presentations only. The DME MACs strongly encourage all presenters at the public meeting to also submit their oral comments through the formal comment process. Advanced registration will be required. The DME MACs reserve the right to limit the time for oral comments, as determined by the number LCDs to be discussed and the number of primary and (if applicable) secondary presenter registrants.
Participate in one of two ways. Registration is required.
- Attend in-person
- See below for registration deadline
- Attend via teleconference
- Upon registration, a link will be provided to you. This will include telephone number, access code, and audio PIN. Do not share this information.
- There are no meetings currently scheduled.
Previous Meeting Documents and Recordings
Last Updated Thu, 29 Apr 2021 14:51:09 +0000