Article Detail - JD DME
Continued Coverage of Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT)
What do you do if a beneficiary needs NPWT after three months of initial therapy? The Clinician Checklist for continuous coverage is there for you. In a nutshell:
- Document continuing problems with the wound
- Include additional measures being taken
- Directly evaluate/document wound measures and healing progress monthly
- Provide this documentation to the supplier
- Review the LCD for supply allowables.
The NPWT webpage has links, tips, and educational resources. They’re just waiting for you.
Last Updated Tue, 12 Jul 2022 19:14:02 +0000