Article Detail - JD DME
Formal Telephone Discussion Demonstration FAQs
MAXIMUS Federal, the Qualified Independent Contractor (QIC), continues to promote the Formal Telephone Discussion Demonstration on their website at www.medicaredmeappeals.com. The site contains information regarding the Formal Telephone Discussion and Reopening’s Demonstration and contains a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). An informational webinar on the demonstration is also available for review and download.
A few of the most common QIC questions include
- Can reconsideration requests be faxed?
- Yes, reconsideration requests can be sent by mail or by fax to 720-462-7580. Registered QIC portal users can upload reconsideration requests directly to the QIC portal.
- Who should participate in the telephone discussion?
- Ultimately, the supplier decides who participates in the telephone discussion. Before the discussion, the participant should be familiar with the appealed case and the documentation provided in the case file Suppliers can utilize a third-party group/billing agency to participate in the telephone discussion, provided the individual is authorized to conduct the discussion on behalf of the supplier. Agency authorization should be kept up to date in the (Provider Enrollment, Chain, and Ownership System (PECOS).
- How can I check the status of reconsideration once it has been submitted?
- By using the appeal ID in the QIC acknowledgement notice, suppliers can obtain a status by accessing the Appeals Status Lookup tool at www.q2a.com, or by calling 585-348-3200.
Suppliers can email inquiries about the reconsideration process to Erin Carey at email@example.com.
Last Updated Wed, 21 Apr 2021 21:00:03 +0000