Article Detail - JD DME
Initial Wound Evaluation for Surgical Dressings
For initial wound evaluations, the treating practitioner’s medical record, nursing home, or home care nursing records must specify:
- The type of qualifying wound (see Surgical Dressings Policy Article A54563); and,
- Information regarding the location, number, and size of qualifying wounds being treated with a dressing; and,
- Whether the dressing is being used as a primary or secondary dressing or for some noncovered use (e.g., wound cleansing); and,
- Amount of drainage; and,
- The type of dressing (e.g., hydrocolloid wound cover, hydrogel wound filler, etc.); and,
- The size of the dressing (if applicable); and,
- The number/amount to be used at one time; and,
- The frequency of dressing change; and,
- Any other relevant clinical information.
This information can be found in the Surgical Dressings Policy Article A54563.
Last Updated Tue, 18 Apr 2023 18:43:12 +0000