CERT Contractors - JD DME
NCI is the CERT Review Contractor and the CERT Documentation Contractor.
CERT Review Contractor
NCI, a Program Safeguard Contractor (PSC), administers the activities of the Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT) program. As the CERT Review Contractor, NCI is responsible for:
- Selecting a random sample of claims that have been received by each Medicare contractor every month.
- Reviewing the selected claims and associated medical record documentation to determine if the claim was appropriately adjudicated according to Medicare regulations/guidelines.
CERT Documentation Contractor
NCI's role as the CERT documentation contractor is to streamline the record request and receipt functions.
The CERT Documentation Contractor is responsible for:
- Requesting and receiving medical record documents;
- Maintaining a document tracking system;
- Providing a website for updating supplier addresses and contact information;
- Scanning the medical records into a retrieval system; and
- Operating a call center to answer contractor and supplier questions regarding CERT.
Effective April 13, 2022, the mailing address for the CERT Documentation Center has changed to the mailing address listed below. After May 31, 2022, mail received at the former address will be returned to the sender.
CERT Documentation Center
8701 Park Central Drive, Suite 400-A
Richmond, VA 23227
|Phone||1-888-779-7477 or 1-443-663-2699|
Last Updated Tue, 10 May 2022 14:51:08 +0000