If you are dissatisfied with a Redetermination, you may go to the next level of appeal, called a Reconsideration.
|Time Limit for Filing Request||Monetary Threshold to be Met||Time Limit to Complete Appellant's Request||Where to File|
|180 days from Redetermination receipt date||None||60 days from receipt date||Qualified Independent Contractor (QIC)|
A Reconsideration may be requested and submitted to C2C Innovative Solutions, Inc. in one of two ways.
- Complete and submit a Reconsideration Form
- Submit a written request containing at least the following information:
- Beneficiary name
- Beneficiary Medicare number
- Specific service(s) and item(s) for which Reconsideration is requested and specific date(s) of service
- Name and signature of party or representative of party
- Name of contractor that made the Redetermination
Check the status of an appeal in the Q2 Administrators Appeals Status Lookup tool.
Formal Telephone Discussion Demonstration
C2C Innovative Solutions, the QIC contractor, is conducting a Formal Telephone Discussion Demonstration for DME MAC Jurisdictions C and D. Suppliers can provide verbal testimony and submit any additional documentation that would assist in a possible favorable determination. The demonstration will be conducted with a reconsideration professional in a formal, recorded telephone discussion. This discussion will be included, and considered as part of the appeals case file prior to the C2C reconsideration decision. Participation in the Formal Telephone Discussion Demonstration is voluntary. For additional information, visit the C2C website .
Last Updated Jan 12, 2018