Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Noridian events are CMS-sponsored and offer AAPC CEUs as appropriate. Our approach to issuing the CEUs is provided for your convenience and to communicate attendee expectations.
Core A and Core B Events
CEUs are provided incrementally based on the anticipated event duration, which may include question/answer time. AAPC will not accept more than six Core B CEUs per attendee per year.
- Core A events focus on technical and professional medical coding and receive 1.0 CEUs per 1-hour of healthcare business-related education
- Core B events address general business skills related to healthcare field and receive 0.50 CEUs per 1-hour of education
AAPC CEU Index Number
- Noridian CEU certificates do not contain an index number; however, it does contain our name, event title, number of approved CEUs and event date, which is required for entry into AAPC Tracker for CEU credit
CEUs will not be emailed to attendees.
- Education on Demand/Self-Paced Training Tutorials: Noridian tutorials do not offer CEUs
- Historical Events: CEUs are not reissued for historical events
- In-Person Seminars: CEUs are provided immediately following event and completion of event survey, unless otherwise indicated by presenter
- Webinars: CEU certificate (PDF file) must be downloaded from Handouts section of GoToWebinar attendee panel
- Join at/before event start time, remain in attendance for event duration
- Maintain his/her own CEU certificates as evidence, if ever selected for CEU verification
- Obtain CEU certificate from his/her facility's registrant
- Registrant must share CEU certificate with his/her organization members in attendance
Last Updated Oct 25, 2018