GA - JD DME
Waiver of Liability statement on file
Use this modifier to report that an ABN was issued for a service and ABN is on file. A copy of the ABN does not have to be submitted but must be made available upon request.
- Use in situations in which an item or service is expected to be denied as not medically necessary and an Advance Beneficiary Notice of Noncoverage has been properly executed
- Append to either a specific or miscellaneous HCPCS code
- Append this modifier to ensure that upon denial, Medicare will automatically assign it beneficiary liable
Do not place any combination of GY, GZ or GA modifiers on same claim line.
- If used on same claim line, claim will be denied
- Cannot be used with KX modifier
Last Updated Mon, 07 May 2018 10:20:36 +0000