Article Detail - JF Part A
Billing and Coding: Positron Emission Tomography Scans Coverage - R25 - Effective April 01, 2021
This coverage article has been revised and published for notice under contract numbers: 02101 (AK), 02201 (ID), 02301(OR), 02401 (WA), 03101 (AZ), 03201 (MT), 03301 (ND), 03401 (SD), 03501 (UT), and 03601 (WY).
Effective Date: April 01, 2021
Summary of Article Changes: The following information was added in CPT/HCPCS Codes and the ICD-10 Codes that Support Medical Necessity sections respectively.
- Group 1 HCPCS Codes added and deleted:
- Added A9592- Copper Cu64 Dotatate, 1 millicurie, and
- Deleted C9068 - Copper Cu64 Dotatate diagnostic, 1 millicurie in the OPPS setting.
- In the Group 13 Paragraph:
- Corrected the CR number from CR 9861 to CR 11907.
- In the Group 14 Paragraph:
- Corrected CR 9861 to CR 12029, and
- Replaced HCPCS codes A9897 - Positron Emission Tomography radiopharmaceutical, diagnostic, for tumor identification, not otherwise classified with A9592 - Copper Cu64 Dotatate, 1 millicurie and deleted C9068 - Copper Cu64 Dotatate, 1 millicurie.
Visit the Noridian Medicare Coverage Articles webpage to view the complete listing of locally hosted coverage articles and/or access the Active, Future, or Retired articles available in the CMS MCD.
Last Updated Tue, 04 May 2021 21:14:41 +0000