Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT) - JF Part A
Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT) Claim Identifier (CID) Status Unavailable
Due to an application transition, the CERT department and Noridian Medicare Portal (NMP) will be unable to provide the current status of CIDs from January 12, 2021 through January 18, 2021. All provider and supplier inquires may be addressed after this time frame.
The CERT phone line is temporarily unavailable, please email inquiries to CERTPartAQuestion@noridian.com.
Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT)
Since 1996, CMS implemented several initiatives to prevent improper payments. CMS' goal is to reduce payment errors by identifying and addressing billing errors concerning coverage and coding. The CERT program is one of the programs created by CMS to assist in eliminating improper payments.
Access the below information from this page.
CERT Program Basics
- CERT Requests, Response Timeline and Noridian Communication
- Provider Corrective Actions
- Provider Mailing Addresses and Points of Contact for CERT Requests
- Respond to a CERT ADR Letter
Billing and Documentation Help for Identified Errors
- Admission Date and Statement Covers Period Billing
- CERT Documentation Requests Impacted by a Disaster
- Dear Ordering/Referring Physician Letter [PDF]
- Dual-Chamber Cardiac Pacemaker Insertion Billing
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) Services and Pre/Post-Admission Documentation
- Laboratory Orders Must be Submitted Within 12 Months of Order
- Laboratory Services: Incorrect Billing Identified
- Physician Handwritten Signature Documentation Requirements
- Prevent a No Documentation CERT Finding
- Spinal Fusions: Anterior vs. Posterior
- Surgical Pathology Medical Documentation Letter [PDF]
Last Updated Fri, 18 Nov 2022 15:36:02 +0000
Follow standard appeals process and submit request to Noridian.
NCI - CERT Review Contractor
CERT Documentation Center
8701 Park Central Drive, Suite 400-A
Richmond, VA 23227
CMS CERT Team
Mail Stop C3-02-16
7500 Security Blvd
Baltimore, MD 21244