Article Detail - JF Part A
Provider Enrollment, Chain, and Ownership System (PECOS) Provider Interface (PI) Enhancements for the 7.42 Release
This article highlights the enhancements added into the 7.42 production release for Provider Enrollment, Chain, and Ownership System ( PECOS), Provider Interface (PI) users. These enhancements were effective Monday, October 5th, 2020.
- Signatures will be required for the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) form when an 855A/B/I/S or 20134 Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program (MDPP) enrollment is reactivated, even if no changes are being made to the EFT.
- Secondary practice location information can be added to an enrollment without making any changes to the primary practice location information.
- Primary and secondary practice location information can be deleted from any enrollment.
- Medical Record Correspondence Address (MRCA) is no longer a required field on 855I applications submitted for physician assistants and providers reassigning all of their benefits.
- For opt out providers submitting an 855I or 855O application for emergency services, an error message will inform the user they will need to properly answer the following question: “Is the applicant enrolling to file claims for emergency services?” This is required information and must be answered “Yes” in order to complete the application process.
- Home Infusion Therapy (HIT) is now available for selection as an 855B supplier type in PECOS.
- Micrographic Dermatologic Surgery is now available for selection as a physician specialty type in PECOS.
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease is now available for selection as a physician specialty type in PECOS.
Last Updated Fri, 30 Oct 2020 17:08:03 +0000