Reason Code 31337 - JF Part A
Reason Code 31337
Reason Code Narrative
ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS HAS OCCURRED:
- A VALUE CODE 41 IS PRESENT AND PAYER ID 1 IS NOT EQUAL TO H OR C.
- A VALUE CODE 42 IS PRESENT AND PAYER ID 1 IS NOT EQUAL TO I OR C.
- A VALUE CODE 43 IS PRESENT AND PAYER ID 1 IS NOT EQUAL TO G OR C.
Common Reason Code Errors
- A claim is billed as a Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP); however, more than one MSP value code is present
- A claim contain both a Working Aged (12) value code and a Disabled (43) value code
- A claim was submitted listing an insurance primary to Medicare; however, no value code is present for type of MSP or incorrect value code is present for type of insurance
Common Reason Code Corrections
- Resubmit claim using correct MSP value code for beneficiary's insurance
NOTE: Beneficiaries' 65 years or older are eligible for Working Aged coverage. Beneficiaries' less than 65 years old are eligible for Disabled coverage
View reason code list, return to Reason Code Guidance page.
Last Updated Fri, 19 Oct 2018 09:29:23 +0000